Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 17, 2007 ~ Dark and Moody

One of my co-workers has a son that is a student at Virginia Tech. I literally felt my heart drop to my stomach when I turned on the news yesterday. I knew that her son was not only a student there but also an engineering major. He is fine. He was in the building right next to the one where all those innocent people died. I can't imagine how he is feeling right now. I can't imagine how his parents felt yesterday. They unfortunately heard about it on the news before they got in touch with him. Luckily they did not have to wait too long to hear he was safe. It is events like these that make me want to wrap my kids up in a big bubble and never let them out...impossible, I know! Let's all say a prayer for everyone involved in this terrible tragedy...

I took the following pictures yesterday morning before I heard the news. We had a big snowstorm and I liked how I could see our church's steeple through the snow covered trees, so I snapped a few with the Nikon 70-200 2.8 lens I rented and played around with my focus points(I took these through my front window). I thought that they would make good pictures to post with this entry.


2 comments:

Sherri April 18, 2007 at 12:10 AM  

how pretty love these shots. it is awful about that shooting...so sad.

Anonymous April 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM  

i'm diggin the 2nd one, with the cross more in focus. photos mate very well with your post. prayers for your coworker and her family.

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP