Sunday, February 11, 2007

February 11, 2007 ~ High Key






I attempted a high key photo shoot today. I have NO other equipment other than my camera and external flash so I used a rather large piece of white marine vinyl I bought at Joanne's as a backdrop and my big window in the front of my house for my lights. I kind of like how they came out...aside from the goofy looks from my son! Unfortunately, my fun was cut short so my son could have some fun. A bunch of his friends came over to ice-skate. They had an absolute BLAST! (Skating is WAY more fun than a photo shoot...especially if you are 5!!) After skating, we went over to my parents' house for dinner. They had a little birthday party for me...my birthday is on Tuesday. My parents bought me a portable lighting studio...how cool is that? I can't wait to try it out! It was a fun night...actually it was a great day altogether!



I wanted to share this one too. A poster on ILP posted instructions on how to change out colors in Photoshop...VERY fun and addicting! These are what I came up with...






11 comments:

Sherri February 12, 2007 at 10:16 AM  

love it! both the pics of your son and then also the color changing that is way cool i am going to have to try and find out how to do that!

Sue February 12, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

oh my gosh - that is waaaaay cool! I would love to be able to do that. I am going to awwume high-key means bright? high contrast? I see that a lot - and I really love those pics - they came out fabulous! Great job :) I am jealous - That is the total look I want and just can't get.

Betty "CC" Gray February 12, 2007 at 9:01 PM  

WTG! Love the color changes. I'll have to go and look that one up!

Robyn February 12, 2007 at 9:23 PM  

Very cool Heidi. Like how your high key came out without lights - well done. I played with the colour change from ILP too - lots of fun

Stephanie February 13, 2007 at 11:08 PM  

Your high key with limited lights looks great! I also love the color changes! That one got by me....I'll have to go search!

Unknown February 13, 2007 at 11:19 PM  

Love them... The color change thing is soo cool!

Diane R February 15, 2007 at 12:59 AM  

These are adorable - I cannot believe you were able to get these with natural light. Way to GO!!!

Karson and Kami February 15, 2007 at 7:03 AM  

These look awesome!! You did a fabulous job with your high key. I saw that thread on color change on ILP too, I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but yours are great!

Eleny February 16, 2007 at 7:36 AM  

very cool color changes!

Amy (3 Peas) February 19, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

Fabulous job!!! On the high key and the color changes! :)

Anonymous February 24, 2007 at 12:30 AM  

The high key pictures are very well done. I wouldn't think that you used only the window light and the external flash to light the white backdrop. Nice job!

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP