Tuesday, February 6, 2007

February 6, 2007 ~ Snowed In!

I did not take these pictures today...my dad did, with his d80. My parents live about 10 minutes away from us on a lake. They had a bit of snow last night...


The snow drift reaches the top of a very tall fence in the back. It is hard to believe but there is an in ground swimming pool under all that snow.


What they saw when they opened their garage doors...



A look out their front door...


We had snow here too but not like that. The schools were closed though. When you live in an area that is used to snow, it takes a lot to close down the schools. I think the fact that it has been so cold helped make the decision today. Of course, last night my hubby was supposed to fly in from Colombus...right in the middle of many snow warnings and high winds (at least in our town). When he called me from the airport, I went in to freak out mode and pretty much insisted he give up his flight and spend the night so he could avoid the bad weather. I don't think he was too happy with me...especially since he had to be questioned by airport security when he let them know he wouldn't be taking his scheduled flight and would like to purchase a one way ticket to the same destination the following day...I guess that seemed suspicious to them! Poor guy! He should have just told them to call his hysterical wife...they would have understood immediately...

9 comments:

Louisa February 6, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

Wow you guys got a lot of snow. The one in the garage is great, really shows the depth.

Diane R February 6, 2007 at 9:14 PM  

WOW - gosh, it's COOOLD here, but not that much snow. At least we can still get around. :)

Michelle February 6, 2007 at 10:41 PM  

fun pics...looks like what we get around here. (WI) we have snow but more then that we are freezing right now! no fun.

MelissaJ February 7, 2007 at 12:19 AM  

Good to hear they cancelled school for them!! My guys enjoyed 2 FULL days off... That's some snow!!

Robyn February 7, 2007 at 12:44 AM  

WOW coming from a place that NEVER gets snow, I can't believe that people get to see this. It's cool, but perhaps not if you have to live with it!

Deirdre B February 7, 2007 at 1:01 AM  

WOw, that is amazing. We don't get snow either so I can't even imagine how it'd be.

Sherri February 7, 2007 at 11:39 AM  

wow wish we could have some snow!

Kathryn February 8, 2007 at 12:33 AM  

That is a lot of snow! So peaceful looking though.

RubyTuesday February 10, 2007 at 2:43 AM  

You guys are so lucky! They won't cancel school here for that amount of snow. I am actually really jealous that some places get 3 feet of snow or less and they shut down the whole city. Two years ago on New Years day we got 4 1/2 feet of snow and everything was as normal, people out driving everywhere etc... I want a snow day...

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP